Losing a tooth can be devastating. It affects your appearance and can lead to other physical problems that can detrimentally impact your health. Dental implants enhance the quality of life for our patients in Miami, Florida. Dental implants improve your overall health, while helping you gain the confidence that comes from a well-functioning smile that looks good and feels natural. There are many benefits to replacing missing teeth with dental implants.
- Preserve the integrity of bone structure after tooth loss
- Maintain the health of adjacent teeth as there is no need for bridge work
- Eliminate the need for bothersome dentures
- Improve speaking ability
- Correct bite misalignments
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants replace the tooth’s natural anchoring roots with bio-compatible titanium that supports a porcelain crown tooth. At our office in Miami, dental implant restorations have three parts:
- Bone-integrated titanium implant
- Implant abutment
- Porcelain crown made to match your natural teeth
What is the process for dental implants?
- Planning stage: Planning is the most significant aspect of the process. The difference between success and failure of your implant is a thorough treatment plan. Specialized imaging may be used to determine bone condition and visualize a 3D view to ensure perfect placement.
- Implant placement: Dr. Rodriguez will place the dental implant in the ideal location for gum tissue to form around the implant.
- Healing: the bone around the dental implant will develop and integrate with the new implant in a a few weeks.
- Temporary restoration: For esthetic purposes, a temporary restoration may be placed if the implant is in a visible area until the site heals.
- Abutment placement: After the healing is complete, Dr. Rodriguez will place the dental implant abutment to connect the dental implant to the natural looking porcelain crown.
- Porcelain crown: Your crown will be attached to the abutment and you will have a functional natural tooth
Who is a candidate for dental implants?
Anyone who is missing teeth is a candidate for dental implants. We work with clients at a variety of ages. It does not matter how old you are but it does matter if you are too young. Since bones are still forming during teen years we advise our younger patients to wait for implants until they have a developed bone structure.
The best time for a dental implant is shortly after a tooth extraction; however, Dr. Rodriguez has placed dental implants successfully years after tooth loss. The most important requirement for dental implants is an adequate amount of healthy bone to support and implant.
Do dental implants need to be replaced?
Dr. Rodriguez has successfully placed more than 3,000 dental implants his Miami practice since 1998. He has never had the need to remove an implant or replace one after years of successful use. We believe that thorough planning is imperative to ensuring success. We take meticulous care to ensure the forces in the mouth are properly distributed so implants are not forced in an incorrect direction.